Tuesday, September 8, 2026

UTA-CON on NHK: 01 Sep 2026

 


I reckon this is one of the greatest and most unforgettable shows broadcast so far this year. I was really lucky to catch this program!

Among the 80's singers featured on the show was Miki Asakura, who was simply outstanding.

Her voice sounded stronger, sharper and deeper than her twenties. Her looks were still, or even more, brilliant. And what impressed me the most was her physique. Her figure may not look perfect to younger eyes, but for me, her body is admirable: Does anyone in her (my) generation sing and step like her in these killer stilettos? It is simply impossible for me even to stand still on them.

Speaking of figure, this guy, Takanori Nishikawa demonstrated his professionalism by squeezing himself into this ridiculous bold costume, the same design as the one he used to wear in the end of the 20th century when he was as skinny as a rake.

His voice was also still powerful of course. He sang Akina Nakamori's "Kita-Wing," which was truly impressive. Not only his voice but his humor and cheerfulness charmed me. He looked delighted and enjoying himself when singing, which I love!

I almost forgot to tell you, Recently Ms. Asakura has released her new song called "My Soul. " Although I found the lyrics rather insensitive, if not outright insulting to the singer who is a breast cancer survivor, her voice is simply magnificent. The music video is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Densetsu no Asa-Gohan

I would translate the title as "Breakfasts of the Legends." This is a documentary series that I found to be a perfect background v...