Today’s Nikkei Arts & Culture section features a completely random collection of topics, ranging from:
- A concert review (David Byrne),
- A serialized autobiography of a local businessman (this installment featuring his high-profile dinner with baseball star Ohtani-san),
- A translator’s boast about his famous manga-artist friend, to
- A serialized historical novel set in the Bakumatsu era.
At the bottom of the page, the book advertisements are equally disjointed. Look at these!
- How to Use Claude AI
- How to One-Up Someone in Style: Insights from London Gentlemen and Brain Science (What a piece of status-mongering!)
- Photonics-Electronics Convergence
- M&A as a Liberal Art
... I would be absolutely mortified if a friend (not that I have any who visits my home, though) spotted any of these titles on my bookshelves.
How many readers could possibly make sense of all this, I wonder?
No comments:
Post a Comment