Monday, September 14, 2026

Slaughterhouse-Five


The overall impression: The main character seems to have a faint smile all the time, like a tourist on a group tour.

 In a way, he is extremely lucky, surviving the war, the bombing, and a plane crash. It seems the people around him, such as his wife, his colleagues, and his father-in-law, are killed instead.  While he is in a coma, things are sorted out without his knowledge. 

The plot is tragic, but each scene feels filled with euphoria. I don't know why, but I felt an indescribable sense of satisfaction after finishing the film.

By the way, Billy's son, Robert, looked a lot like Japanese professional baseball player Kotaro Kiyomiya.  

(Watched on amazon prime video, Sep 14, 2026)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Densetsu no Asa-Gohan

I would translate the title as "Breakfasts of the Legends." This is a documentary series that I found to be a perfect background v...